Monday, July 02, 2012

BC Blogger Meme: Count Your Blessings!


Instead of focusing on the thunders of the storm, try to guess how many mushrooms pops. When you're riding downhill, get yourself ready for the upclimb. When you fall and reach the bottom, there's no other choice but to rise. :)

So instead of memorizing unfortunate events, everyone should count their blessings! It's more fun to do, keeps your spirit high and makes you more open-minded and optimistic.

Below are the MAJOR things that I thank for-

my second life - summer of 2008, my hematologist confirmed I have a rare virus on my blood and a Beta-Thalassemia, mild but with no cure while my cardiologist told us I only have a month left if I won't go Patent Doctus Arteriosus Heart Surgery. I ALMOST cry a tear but I was too energetic that time it was comical. The problem was, we need one and a half million pesos. I'm a graduating student that time so I can't help raise fund within a period of one month. Fortunately, July of the same year, the surgery was a success! Although I'll live with mild Beta-Thalassemia and
a 6-inch scar across my back,
 I'm good! :)

a license to build and design - I had six months to review after the graduation and guess what? During that time, I got addicted to online games! After the exams, I cried my heart out for I thought I won't make it but after three days, at exactly 12 midnight, viola! I saw my name online, in the list of board passers. Whew!
to board takers: try your formulas as a wallpaper ..for a change..dont forget the ceiling..or make a song out of every formulas.. why not? we innovate things after all.. =)
My buddies! Did i mention I love reading books? These number books count too! ^^
P.S. we had a love-hate relationship! If you know what I mean!
my boyfriend and I during our college days.
P.S. see my attempt to post formulas on the wall? It paid off!  both of us are engineers now!

I marry a heartthrob - at least on my own perspective I did. :P
on our wedding day
 After five years of steady relationship, my college sweetheart and I decided to tie the knot.
the boyfriend is now the husband!

my mother-in-law is NOT a monster - "if your husband treats you like a princess, then he is raised by a queen" 
Mama Luz and Hubby on our wedding day
Never had any awkward moments or trouble when it comes to my mom-in-law. We adopted easily. Thank goodness I skipped the drama J.Lo had on her movie monster-in-law. :P

my normal spontaneous delivery - oh yes. I already accepted the "future fact" that I won't make it, even my OB thinks so, my reproductive system may but there's a possibility that my heart won't take the pressure yet after nine long months of preparing myself for another SCAR, another viola! I did it! Woohoo! The experience was fabulous! I mean excruciating but well worth it!
my mom-in-law, my newborn and my mom
These are the blessings I cherish and thank God everyday. See, just by posting these makes my day complete! :D

What are yours? Post below!

P.S. Curious about BC Blogger? Click the BC Bloggers tab!

20 comments:

  1. You are one extremely blessed person. Thanks for sharing your blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marrying the man of your dreams is truly a blessing. Im sure you are a blessing to him too as he is to you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are blessed beyond reasonable doubt. Stay happy.

    Mommy Maye (http://momayes.blogspot.com/)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow I'd have to commend you for achieving all these! And good luck to the joys of motherhood :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. good for you, that was a lot of blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh blessings... I have many to mention. But I guess, waking up everyday seeing my husband and my kids all together in one room is always a blessing for me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy to hear about your blessings! May God bless you more! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's the challenges that make us appreciate life more once we overcome them. That's where real blessings come from. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so sweet. I'm so glad to hear how happy you are with the things that happened in your life. Keep it up! More blessing will come POURING your way... just believe it ;-) God bless you

    ReplyDelete
  10. For me, this is the best: my mother-in-law is NOT a monster hahaha! Some of the things we can control, but this part of our marriage, we just can't. It takes a lucky draw. Thank God I love my MIL. Not so much on the FIL but still, MIL is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are definitely a blessed person and loved by God. :) Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The bottom of your gown is sooo beautiful. I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. congrats for passing the board exam and your wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I read thru your list and I know these aren't just all of your blessing coz you're one extremely lucky lady or simply, a blessed one. You have so much to praise and thank HIM for. I'm so happy for you. :-)

    http://stagemomandmore.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, andami mong pinagdaanan. Dahil sa blog post mo nato parang I know your life already. haha
    Congrats to your many wonderful blessings and much much more to come!

    ReplyDelete
  16. hahaha.. I remember my room too, all walls and even the ceiling were full of formulas.. It helped a lot! I remember making voice tape with the 1001 engineering science questions and answers.. memorized ko lahat ng answers buti na lang meron at least 3 questions lumabas sa board exam.. hahaha..

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice list. You are both engineers, we are both chemist. hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! You have been through a major crisis but it's good that the blessings far outnumber the challenges. Congratulations!

    PS: I love that you get along with your MIL. Yung iba kasi hindi magkasundo.

    ReplyDelete
  19. these are HUGE things to be thankful for... :-)

    ReplyDelete

ask a question,
share your thoughts..
it would be lovely,
to see you post!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...